Walnut Coffee Cake
- 3 ½ oz strong coffee
- 7 oz walnuts kernels, very finely chopped
- 3 ½ oz butter, softened
- 10 oz castor sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 7 oz flour, sieved with 1 tbsp baking powder
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy then beat in the eggs.
2. Add the flour alternately with the coffee until the mixture in soft and smooth.
3. Add the nuts.
4. Pour the mixture into a buttered cake tin.
5. Bake in an oven preheated to gas mark 4 for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.